Every listing appointment is unique to the homeowner. But, on balance, Rocky, Jason or Jeremy's typical listing appointment goes like this. Please Note: Rocky, Jason & Jeremy run a family business and in many ways work as a team. But, we work with our own clients, manage our own transactions and each have our own way of going about this process.
Before we meet we like to establish the following base of information about the property; its condition, its location and the needs of the owner. A listing appointment is all about the needs of the owner.
- The Property - The first thing we need are the facts about the property to be sold - things like size, bedrooms, baths, garages, basement. Basic raw data.
- The Location - What impact, plus or minus, does the location have on the property's value. Location is a big player on value.
- The Condition - What is the condition of the property. Is it new, dated, updated, basement finished, sharp, cluttered and is there pride of ownership. Important stuff - especially in how it relates to the comparable sales, under contracts and the other homes for sale. Condition is another big-time player in value.
- The Seller's Motivation - The seller's motive is a critical piece of the puzzle. What is their timeline, the devastation factor and their risk tolerance level. It is not just about selling real estate. Most importantly it is about helping people manage their lives during this very stressful period.
- About Rocky, Jason or Jeremy - At some point, prior to the actual listing appointment, we try to get you a copy of our "[Seller First Aid Kit]" or have you visit our website so you can start to get to know us and how we do our business. Or, check out [About Rocky] or [About Jason].
Now that we have a grip on the situation and the competitive market analysis has been completed we can get together to talk about your home. Our listing appointment lasts 1- 1 1/2 hours and it typically goes like this:
- Introductions - A listing appointment is rooted in business, but, we want to get to know our sellers and we want them to get to know us. So we like to visit for a few minutes - it's fun to find out what we all have in common. Let's begin the market analysis.
- Real Estate Basics - The initial conversation is most important - we discuss the basics of PRICE, CONDITION and LOCATION and how they interrelate with each other. Important stuff to understand.
- How we do our business - You need to know how we function and our principles. Not much time is spent here unless you have questions. A listing appointment is not about Rocky, Jason or Jeremy but rather about how we can help you.
- The Commission - Our commission policy is laid out right away because it is uppermost in people's minds when they sell their home. See "25 Most Frequently Asked Questions" for further discussion.
- Market Condition - We need to understand the current conditions of the market so we begin with a "snapshot" - a quick assessment of supply vs. demand and absorption factors. Are we in a "seller's, buyer's or balanced market? This is macroeconomic stuff.
- The Competitive Market Analysis - Your home is micro-economic based - let's talk about your home and how it compares to the most current actives, under contracts and the most recent solds.
- Pricing Recommendations - Based on the above information we discuss what appears to be the range of value. Sometimes it is clear but often times it is not.
- How to get more! - We discuss your home and its location in detail focusing on what could we do to get the absolute maximum dollar and at the same time increase your bottom line - this is fun now!
- Staging - Proper staging of a home is most important. We talk alot about that and whether you have the desire to do it. Most homes are very poorly staged, which makes our listings stand out even more.
- What are Your Needs - It is important to bounce all this information against your motive, your timeline, your risk tolerance, fears, concerns and your personal desires. We're messing with your nest - let's get it right.
- Promoting the Home - We discuss how the home will be promoted within the Realtor community, to buyers and to the neighborhood.
- The Marketing Strategy - A marketing strategy now begins to develop and it becomes clear as to the direction that makes the most sense for you. This concludes the listing appointment.
All sellers have their own unique needs, desires and tolerances and incorporating those into the process is our most important goal. After a productive appointment you'll have a good idea of how your home will plug into the market and a marketing and pricing strategy that works for you.
FOR A FREE MARKET ANALYSIS
Contact Jason, Jeremy or Rocky TODAY!
Or, you can call us at 303-989-5462.